Last Episode Next Episode
This fourth answer in our desperate girl series is from:
This stats was at the time of this posting.
Here is what he had to say to our 22 year old desperate girl with no money, job or college degree.
To avoid duplicate content issues, this may not be a direct quote but more of a paraphrase.
1) Get any job you can do that is legal and pays you in cash. I know this can be very hard and frustrating, but you have to keep hitting the wall with your head. You will find something at some point! Please see end of this post for more thoughts on this matter.
2) Establish your own baseline economy.. You earn maybe 1200–2000 euros (or equivalent) so plan your expenses accordingly – If you want to start a business, you’re going to need capital. Buy groceries and make your own food (preferably from discount groceries near their expiry date), buy stuff from flea markets, never pay full price for anything except commuter ticket.
Stop paying for having fun, instead when you want to have fun, do so without expending (much) capital. Quit buying milk (unless it’s for cooking or coffee!), lemonades, alcohol, tobacco, chocolate etc. they’re useless garbage and only serve to satisfy short term fun.
3) Once you know how to keep your hard earned money to yourself and you notice that your rigid lifestyle makes it possible to save money, make a plan for your business… at some point you can come back here and explain the situation again and get a new batch of advice on how to set up a business, but first things first.
Before asking how to set your business up you need to be able to answer at least these questions in no particular order:
- How do you support your life while starting the business (The work I mentioned in 1)
- Why should anyone pay for your company? -> What is your business?
- Who are your customers?
- How do you find your customers, or how do they find you?
- Who is competing for the same customers with you?
- Why should the customer choose you instead of your competition? Is your price lower, your product better or your service somehow worth more to someone?
- How much money and time you can invest in your business, and how much it needs investments to begin with?
- Do you need help to conduct your business? How do you pay if you hire someone? Maybe you want a business partner?
- In case of a business partner, be sure to make shareholders agreement. This is a whole topic by itself, but take my word for it: You must have a shareholders agreement and written agreement with ALL of your business partners, excluding (maybe) your dad. Rest of the world is out there to bullshit you and will do so given the opportunity. Best friends become your worst nightmares when you do business without proper written contracts with them. Trust me on this one.
About the job situation:
You mention like travel. Perhaps you can be a travel guide? Save money to study a degree as travel guide. Start now by going to online academy such as this: – find something you think will help in your adventures and study it.
You mention you like art. Seek out local art museums or galleries and apply to be janitor or clerk. Read history of art or something like that so you seem like you care about the subject when you’re being interviewed for the job. Look into interesting art.
Fashion.. I have no idea what fashion is nor do I care. I hear people talking about these blogs like they’re somehow related to fashion and people making a living, but then again I also hear about unicorns and UFO’s.
- Ask elder people in your area if they need help cleaning their house or shopping or making food and tell them you can do it for 5e/hour or something
- Go around town to groceries and ask to see the owner or manager. Tell him/her you’re looking for a job and you’re interested in his/her store.
- If you get lucky, you can probably get your groceries at discount price – saving loads of money for you in the long run
Success to you.
So thats it.
What do you think of this advice? Do you think our 22 Year Old Desperate Girl will follow it? Would you take it if you were in her shoes? What other suggestions would you give here? Let’s hear them in the comments below. Also remember to share this post on social media.