Yes, absolutely YES…..
It is still possible to make money from viral posts on Facebook.
The key to making money this way is this: What plans do you have to take advantage of your 9 minutes of fame.
This post is in response to a question on quora…
Is it still possible to make money from viral posts on Facebook?
I heard that Facebook now ranks viral posts lower than other posts and a lot of viral sites are struggling to have their content seen even though it is liked or shared. Is that true? Is it still possible to make money from viral posts through Facebook?
Before we continue, let’s first address the details in your question.
First what is a Viral Post….
A post is not viral until it becomes Viral. It is the likes and the shares that make a post viral. Of course there content principles that all viral post has but not all post with this becomes viral.
What post ranks high on facebook…
Post that become “viral”, that is post with lots of shares, comments and like are raise to higher ranks and are shown to more people.
What posts do facebook penalise…
In their bid to encourage more content publishers to pay for ads, facebook updated their newsfeed and ranking algorithms to penalise posts including links out of facebook.
Why do some viral post suffer…
Considering my 3 statements above, you should be able to see the correlation between low ranking and virality. “Viral sites” facebook posts do suffer more today than they did years ago.
- If a post becomes viral (likes, shares, comments) it will recieve more exposure from facebook.
- If the viral post do not have external link in it, it will rank very high.
- If the viral post has external link in it, it will not rank as much.
Make Money Tools
So How Do You Make Money Online From Facebook Viral Post Today?
You have to remember that you make money money on the internet when you get more people to perform the action you want. Hence, getting view by more of the right people means that you will make more money.
But with the facebook new regulations that we discussed above, the rules have changed and hence you have to be money innovative.
- If you want just brand exposure and awareness, do not include external links to your facebook posts than you suspect will go viral. This will give you more exposure. You could link to your facebook page/group/profile/note.
- If you want to make sales on your website, then you need to include a link that have a subscriber form or a social locker. This will compensate for the lower views because now those that do see the post will be on your email list. Also the social locker means that they will have to share the page to view it, hence your little traffic is working for you to get more.
- If you want sales, you could also link to a facebook page or group so that you do not affect the ranking of your viral content but the offer you want to promote should be pinned to the top of the page or group. Alternatively, you could link to a facebook note or doc which you can you as a mini-sale page.
Modern Strategy to Make Money Online Through Facebook Viral Posts
After reading the section above, you will realise that it all depends on your final goal and the nature of your niche and brand. This is the what I meant when I spoke above about having a strategic plan.
With the new facebook rule and algorithm, it’s no longer about how much money you can make immediately from the “viral post” but more about how you can siphon the targeted traffic to your email list for later use to your website/sales pages and affilaite pages.
I believe this answer have thrown some light on the subject for you.
Success to you.