While answering the question below on quora, I accidently clicked the submit button before I could finish answering the question. I try to update it several time to no avail hence I decide to complete the answer here. So read on, enjoy and implement what you learnt.
How do I make $1500 a month with my niche job board website?
I see it’s been awhile since you asked this question. Sorry I have been away, engaged in an upcoming launch. Since no one have answered, let me help you out.
At a glance, your question seems to be a difficult one but on a closer look, you will realise that it is just like any other niche website monetisation task. I will answer you in both a short term and long term basis because both answers will require varying amount of time and effort.
You can make $1500 a month with a niche job board website the way other niche websites and authority site do it. They are ads, affiliate marketing and in-house products.
However like you may already know, no website can make you real money with significant traffic. Also you have to keep your visitor longer on your website.
Monetising websites through ads
Most are tempted to use google adsense or any of its alternatives but the issue I have with those is that it take a tremendous amount of traffic to make significant income since most clicks pay in cents. A better option will be this ads software. For even half the traffic you can make x2 what you will from google adsense.
Monetising websites through affiliate marketing
This software will help earn income from your job board site by recommending affiliate products that are related to job search, employment, make money, job interview, resumes, career building, freelancing and so on. Affilorama, Learn from Jon, Wealthy Affiliate are also possible options for your visitors to consider.
These are affiliate networks where you can find relevant product:
- Amazon Associates
- Commission Junction
Monetising websites through your own products
You can take it a step further by creating your own products such as ebooks, videos – as tutorial or discussion panel, podcasts, job interview scripts and coaching… The options are almost endless.
All what I explained above are just quick ways to earn income from your website while you continue to work on it. The key is to develop a solid job board in the long run. To make more than $1500 from your site, you need to build your brand and reputation to such a high standard that company will be willing to come to your site to post job offers.
This is not as difficult as it sound. All you need to great site like that are:
- Good Branding: It should be clear what your site stands for. You achieve this by having a neat site relevant to your niche, a good logo and a clear value statement. (this are not your main focus at first)
- Valuable Content: You should quickly be seen as an authority a “go to site” for most thing jo related. With the money you make from short term monetisation strategy, invest in to quality content in very related and niche keywords with high traffic volume.
- Have a following: This is in line with the last point. Good keyworded content means more people will find you on search engines and then your audience will grow continually. It is important to get quality backlinks as well.
- Engage your visitors: Once you start gaining traffic, the next step is to keep them long on your site and convert them to paying customers. This software will help do that.
Monetising job board websites long term
- All the above mentioned make money plan are still valid in the long run.
- Since your site is now of value, you can charge companies for featured job posting and for prioritize ads on your site.
- Job seeker can become premium members to have access to the full database or/and to be first to be notified of a new job offer.
- Now you have more money to invest, you upgrade your courses or offer this as part of the premium membership – Video interviews and panel discussions by experts in various fields and careers offering career advice and job tips from their experience.
Well, I believe that have been helpful.
At least it, my answer had helped pop some light bulbs on in your mind. Giving you ideas on other stuffs you could do. Let’s hear in the comment below, what other ideas do you have on monetising a job board website?